Tern GSD S00 Gen2 500wh Performance CX 2021 – Electric Folding Bike
Still Small. Even More Useful.
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It’ll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it’s the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
Carries Your Family
Our ecosystem of passenger-carrying accessories fits your family—now, and five years from now. Carry two little ones in child seats and watch as they grow into (and out of) the Clubhouse. Give your spouse a lift on date night with the Captain’s Chair. Snap a photo of the day your teen graduates to carrying you.
One Size Fits Most
The GSD has an adjustable cockpit that resizes in seconds and without tools to fit riders 150 – 195 cm tall (4’11” – 6’5″), so you can easily share it with your family. The updated frame geometry with a slacker seat tube angle and higher handlebars also means the GSD doesn’t just fit—it’s more comfortable too.
The GSD is made to fit your life, including all your stuff. Our ecosystem of accessories includes a wide range of cargo-carrying gear designed to keep your loads secure and stable for wobble-free hauling. You may not have thought of using a bike to pick up groceries, home improvement supplies, or plants for your garden—but now you will.
Easy to Manage
The GSD’s unique geometry makes for super stable riding, no matter what you’re hauling (or how wiggly your kids are). The low center of gravity lets even smaller riders confidently manage heavy loads, and the step-thru frame makes getting on and off the bike a breeze. Plus, we’ve made it easier for the rider’s feet to reach the ground at stops.
- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (500 Wh) for a range of up to 128 mile (206 km)
- Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5″)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Tern GSD, 6061-AL, patented MultiTruss design, EFBE Tri-Test approved: 200 kg|
|Fork:||Suntour custom for Tern, 1.5″ tapered Chromoly steerer, 32 mm stanchions, Thru-axle, 70 mm travel, EFBE approved: 200 kg|
|Headset:||Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5″, angular contact bearings, Physis integrated|
|Stem:||Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology|
|Bars:||Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted|
|Front Brake:||Magura MT5 eSTOP 4-piston|
|Rear Brake:||Magura MT5 eSTOP 4-piston|
|Rims:||Tern Atlas, ultra wide 36 mm, dual reinforced joint|
|Rear Hub:||Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub|
|Spokes:||Stainless steel, 13G|
|Front Tyre:||Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex|
|Rear Tyre:||Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex|
|Seat Post:||Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm, 2014-AL|
|Saddle:||Tern GSD by Velo, with rear handle|
|Chainset:||Tern GSD custom, Gates CDX CNC machined beltring|
|Bottom Bracket:||Motor integrated|
|Chain:||Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt|
|Cassette:||Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog|
|Pedals:||Urban with non-slip surface, sealed bearings|
|Battery (Wh):||Bosch Dual Battery system, 500 Wh|
|Motor:||Bosch Cargo Line, 400% Assist, 85 Nm Torque, max speed 25 kph|
|User Interface:||Bosch Purion|