Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0 2021 – Electric Hybrid Bike
If you can characterise your life as on-the-go, busy, or not having enough time, we made a bike for you—the Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0. It’s made to accommodate busy lives that are always in movement, which is why we took our award-winning pedal-assist technology and accelerated it well into the future.
- Step Through E5 alloy frame offers an efficient riding position
- Suspension fork for a smoother ride
- Shimano 9 speed drivetrain for easy gear shifting
- Shimano Hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power
- Front and rear lights powered from main battery pack
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Storm Grey/Black/Liquid Silver
- Motor: Specialized 1.2e motor optimised for easy city cycling
- Battery: 460Wh internal battery pack
- User Interface / Display: Specialized display and handlebar remote switch
- Connectivity: Bluetooth smart phone and PC app
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 E motor, the Turbo Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 E uses the same hardware as our 1.2 motor, but it features a tune that prioritizes efficiency. This means less peak torque and maximum output. Of course, it still features a near-silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill at, say, a traffic light both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations.
For the Vado 3.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there’s plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at our Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates.
The new wired Turbo Connect Display (TCD-w) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays important ride metrics (speed, cadence, rider power, distance, battery level, time, etc.), it also allows you to connect the latest version of the Mission Control App for an enhanced Turbo experience. With our free app for iOS and Android phones, you easily customize motor parameters, control your range, record/upload rides, and perform basic system diagnosis.
To top off all of the innovative features, we chose a worry-free spec that features Shimano 9-speed components, hydraulic disc brakes, front/rear lights, and fender & rack mounts.
- The Turbo Vado features a lightweight alloy frame that’s been designed with our Fitness/Transportation Geometry.
- The Turbo Vado’s Specialized 1.2 E motor emphasizes efficiency and range. We also fully integrated it with the frame, and it’s been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
|Frame:||E5 Aluminum, low-entry frame, bottom bracket motor mount, Ground Control Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds, 141mm QR Dropout|
|Fork:||SR Suntour MOBIE30, steel steerer, 9mm open dropout, 50mm of travel|
|Stem:||Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp|
|Bars:||Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake:||Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Alivio, Shadow Design, SGS cage, 9-speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano Alivio, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display|
|Rims:||700C disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, no eyelets|
|Front Hub:||Shimano HB-MT200, 9x100mm QR, Center Lock™ disc, 32h|
|Rear Hub:||Shimano FH-MT200, 9x141mm QR, Center Lock™ disc, 32h|
|Front Tyre:||Nimbus II Armadillo Reflect, 60 TPI, 700x45mm|
|Rear Tyre:||Nimbus II Armadillo Reflect, 60 TPI, 700x45mm|
|Seat Post:||Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm|
|Chainset:||Custom alloy forged crankarms, 40T|
|Chain:||Shimano E6070, 9-speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano CS-HG200, 9-speed, 11-36t|
|Pedals:||Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors|
|Motor:||Specialized 1.2 E, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal|
|User Interface:||Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages|
L, M, S, XL